This 4 day classroom based course is aimed at startups at idea, MVP or early traction stages.
To be an entrepreneur is no mean feat. In this course we look at the entrepreneurs themselves and provide coaching as well as tools for reflection and continuous self-improvement.
We also look at the various aspects of a startup that founders in Pakistan specifically find most challenging. We work on all aspects from vision to strategy, to marketing, culture, financial projections and most importantly various pitching techniques.
The course content is based on the Pearson Edexcel BTEC Entrepreneurship course with input from Peter Jones. Our founder Sana Farooq has added in all her learning as founder of ELN and from her experiences at Blackbox Connect (a Silicon Valley based accelerator). She is also a mentor for Cherie Blair Foundation for Women, TedX speaker and startup coach.
The startup founders must be working on their idea towards finalising their MVP (minimum). Ideally it will be easier to implement the strategies in this course if MVP is launched with some early user feedback or traction.
- Mindset & Skills
- Managing risk
- Conduct a skills audit of self, identifying areas for improvement
- Skills to resource business
- Assess & develop the suitability of a business idea
- Articulate a coherent vision for a new business idea
- Recognising help and support in developing a new business.
- Pakistan's business environment impact on a micro business
- Current social, technological and environmental trends in business
- Principles of employing and managing others
- Carry out market research - methodology, personas, pipeline, strategy
- Analyse and interpret data about a market
- Marketing concepts used by businesses
- Marketing and promotional plan
- Produce a robust financial model for a micro business
- Develop a costed supply chain.
- Purpose of business planning and importance
- Handshake Pitch
- Elevator Pitch
- Napkin Pitch
- Showcase Pitch
- Investor Meeting - intro to end
- Full Business Plan
Ongoing activities during the 4 day course.
Practical activities which the startups can apply to their own startups and implement immediately.